The road of my life has been long and not always straight. Sometimes the road was smooth and enjoyable. At other times there were hairpin curves, large potholes, unexpected detours and dead ends. There were times when the scenery around me was beautiful and awe inspiring. But then there were times when the scenery was frightful and foreboding. These are but mere glimpses of my life.
My Latest Posts
- From My Heart to Yours: A Collection of My Music VideosIn my last two posts I’ve shared how I came to learn how to play the piano and sing. But to those who haven’t actually heard me do either, it could come across as just a story. I could say I’ve learned how to play the accordion, too, but if I can’t prove it, again,Continue reading “From My Heart to Yours: A Collection of My Music Videos”
- Let Me Sing“If I cannot fly, let me sing.” — Stephen Sondheim Whilst Loanne taught me how to play the piano, it was my mother who taught me how to sing. As a small child, she would have me stand next to her and sing as she sat at the piano and played selected sheet music fromContinue reading “Let Me Sing”
- My 50 Year Journey As A Pianist: Part 2.Piano lessons were over. And that sucked because at age 11 I had already been playing piano for most of my life. By now, other boys my age played sports, were boy scouts, were hanging out with their friends at the playground or roller skate rink. Me, I was at home. Not going to pianoContinue reading “My 50 Year Journey As A Pianist: Part 2.”
- My 50 Year Journey As A Pianist: Part One.It was during the spring of 1971 that I started playing piano. Or maybe it was during the fall. Even now I scratch the top of my head as I ponder which season it might have been. One can’t really blame me for not remembering which season it was. All I know is it wasContinue reading “My 50 Year Journey As A Pianist: Part One.”
- God plugged His ears.To say music ran on my father’s side of the family would be incredibly inaccurate. Music flowed majestically through my mother’s side of the family. That is for certain (you’ll learn of that later). But music flowed through my father’s blood about as easily as mushroom gravy flowed from its pitcher held six inches fromContinue reading “God plugged His ears.”
- Let’s start from the very beginning.A very good place to start. Sound familiar? Picture Maria (Julie Andrews) seated on a grassy hill playing her guitar and singing in front of seven mischievous children dressed in bits of drapes. A scene from one of my most favorite musicals, “The Sound of Music.” Even now I can hear her guitar plucking twoContinue reading “Let’s start from the very beginning.”